COMMI III – CUNINARY ( GARDMANGER)
• Diploma or Graduate, IHM graduate
• 1-3 yrs of experience in culinary department
• KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works in the designated station as set by Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef.
• Able to organise the assigned work area and efficiently put away orders.
• Able to prepare and sells food within recommended time frames to meet Guest expectations.
• Able to operate kitchen equipment like braising pan, baking ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
• Able to produce quality product in a timely and efficient manner for the guests or staff.
• Responsible to maintain cleanliness, sanitation at the assigned work area.
• Responsible for preparing and cooking all food items by the recipe and to specification.
• Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
• Prepare all menu items by strictly following recipes and yield guide.
• Cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist.
• Prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes and other food items.
• Slices, grind and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods.
• Wash and peel fresh fruits, vegetables and also able to weigh, measure and mix ingredients on correct proportions.
• Have general knowledge of cooking temperatures, making soups & sauces, preparing entrees, vegetable preparation and a la carte cooking.
• Set-up the station with par stocks of menu items, and prepare the dishes designated for that station.
• Checks supplies and prep lists and ensures all items are prepped in a timely fashion.
• Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
• Serve food in proper portions on to correct serving vessels and plates.
• Wash and disinfect kitchen area, workstations, tables, tools, knives and other equipment.
• Maintain correct portion size and quality of the food to the hotel’s standards.
• Minimise waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
• Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Head Cook before leaving.
• Assists in providing on the job training & development of new cooks.
• Assists other Team Members in the kitchen when needed or perform any other tasks assigned by the hotel management.
• Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with speed and quality.
• Great personal hygiene and grooming standards.
• Should be able to communicate, read and write clearly and effectively.
• Junior Sous Chef
• Four Points by Sheraton, Vashi, Mumbai
To apply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org